A spongey delicacy all made with with one rice cooker that simmers and steams hard vegetables like turnips to your preferred softness.
- 500g turnips
- 1 sausage
- 1/4 cup dried prawns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken stock
- 200g rice flour
- 1.5 cups water (270ml)
- Peel and julienne turnips. Mince sausage and dried prawns.
- Heat oil in a preheated medium pot. Cook and stir minced green onions and ginger for 30 seconds.
- Add prepared turnips and chicken stock. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine rice flour with 2 cups water. Pour over cooked turnips and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a glass container and fill 2/3.
- Pour 2 cups water and set a steamer basket in the inner pot. Seal the glass container with plastic wrap and place in steamer basket.
- Close the lid. Select [Steam cook] using [MENU] button, and set the cooking time to 40 minutes. Press [COOK] button.
- Once the cooker has finished cooking, take out the container and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- After turnip cake has cooled completely, remove from container and cut into 1-cm slices. Grill in a pan.
We recommend a multi-pressure with a handy steam cook mode like CUCKOO's 5-Quart/6-Quart Premium Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-ASB501F/CMC-ASB601F) that ensures even heat and control to create a savory, health-conscious side dish.