A Cuban-inspired black bean soup, perfect in any season, is developed to perfection with a browning and cook feature.
- 1½ cups black beans, soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika powder
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Sour cream
- Hint of cilantro, minced
- Drain black beans.
- Select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button to preheat.
- Heat olive oil in a preheated inner pot. Cook onion for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, and paprika powder.
- Add beans, vegetable stock, and bay leaf. Stir well. Press [CANCEL] button.
- Close the lid. Select [Soup] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button.
- Once the cooker has finished cooking, open the lid and remove bay leaf.
- Mash beans using potato masher, or use blender to puree.
- Season with salt. Garnish with soy sauce, sour cream, and minced cilantro.
We recommend a multi-pressure cooker with a browning fry mode like CUCKOO's 5-Quart/6-Quart Premium Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-ASB501F/CMC-ASB601F) to develop deep caramelization with the onions and spices.