A plant-based protein powerhouse made in one appliance for the easiest, most health-conscious porridge.
- 2 tablespoons pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons pot barley
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat
- 2 tablespoons glutinous rice
- 2 tablespoons black glutinous rice
- 2 tablespoons adzuki beans
- 2 tablespoons mung beans
- 2 tablespoons romano beans
- 250g purple yam
- 1/6 teaspoons baking soda
- 8.5 cups water (1530ml)
- Wash yam thoroughly and peel. Chop into 1-cm cubes.
- Place barley, rice, and beans. Place yam and baking soda on top.
- Pour 8.5 cups water and close the lid. Select [Porridge] using [MENU] button and press [COOK] button.
- Once the cooker has finished cooking, open the lid and stir well. Serve with honey or syrup.
You won't need a heating pressure rice cooker for this dish, so look into a basic rice cooker like CUCKOO's 6-Cup Basic Rice Cooker (CR-0671V) to tenderize yams, grains, and beans the best way.