Your go-to, basic white rice recipe to enjoy for a lifetime.
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 2½ cups water
- Rinse the rice with room temperature water until the water is no longer murky.
- Add rice and water to the inner pot then close the lid.
- Select the [RICE] menu option and set the steam time to 8 minutes.
- Press the [COOK] button to begin the cooking cycle.
- The cooker will automatically switch to keep-warm mode once the rice has completed cooking.
You won't need the fanciest gadget for a deliciously simple white rice like this, so we recommend CUCKOO's 6-Cup Micom Rice Cooker (CR-0655F) that cooks grain fast and easy with versatile customizations.