- 7 oz. chicken breast
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. ginger, julienned
- 1 tsp. salt
- Chili Oil (optional)
- Thai chili peppers (optional)
- Fried shallots
- Wash and rinse the rice at least 3 times until the water is clear.
- Turn the rice cooker on. Add the rice along with water, ginger, salt, and chicken.
- Close the lid, set it to NON-PRESSURE STEAM, and the timer for 1 hour.
- Once it’s done, take the chicken out and shred it.
- Serve congee in a bowl with shredded chicken, chili oil, Thai chili peppers, and scallions. Enjoy!
You won't need a heating pressure rice cooker for this dish, so look into a basic rice cooker like CUCKOO's 6-Cup Basic Rice Cooker (CR-0671V) to make Maggie Wu's Chicken Congee!