A movie-special meal, our take on Ratatouille, features fresh ingredients cooked to perfection in a multi-pressure cooker that covers a variety of cuisines.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 zucchini, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tomatoes or 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs thymes
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- Select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button to preheat.
- Heat oil in a preheated inner pot. Cook and stir onions, bell peppers, and garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini and stir for 5 minutes. Add wine and mix well. Press [CANCEL] button.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, and thymes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid. Select [Vegetable] using [MENU] button, and set the cooking time to 30 minutes. Press [COOK] button.
- To thicken the cooking liquid, select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button and press [COOK] button. Bring to a boil. (Boil longer for tenderer texture.)
- 7. Remove bay leaf and cool. Top with basil and olive oil. Serve.
We recommend a multi-pressure with a multi-cook mode like CUCKOO's 5-Quart/6-Quart Premium Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-ASB501F/CMC-ASB601F) that ensures browning and cooking with the specific vegetable setting that takes this ratatouille over the top.