The most tender steamed ribs made without a grill or stove. Let the steam functions do all of the heavy lifting.
- 1.2 kg beef ribs (or pork ribs)
- 3 tablespoons Jeong-jong (refined rice wine)
- 5 tablespoons Jin-gan-jang (thick soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons onion juice
- 3 tablespoons pear juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon gomashio
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 carrot
- 10 chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground pine nuts
- Cut ribs into chunks and remove tendon. Place in cold water to draw out the blood.
- Drain and place in a large bowl. Marinade with Jeong-jong and gomashio to make it tender.
- Peel chestnut. Cut any large ones in half. Chop carrots into similar size.
- Combine ribs and all ingredients for sauce. Let it rest for 1 hour and place in the inner pot. (Adding water is not necessary – it cooks with cooking water that is made from ribs and marinade while cooking.)
- Close the lid. Select [Steam cook] using [MENU] button, and set the level to 4 and cooking time to 50 minutes. Press [COOK] button.
- Once the cooker has finished cooking, top with ground pine nuts. Serve.
We recommend a multi-pressure with a steam cook and cook mode like CUCKOO's 5-Quart/6-Quart Premium Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-ASB501F/CMC-ASB601F) that produces the most tender ribs that taste like you've tended to them all day.