Create the thickest, most flavorful New England Clam Chowder in one appliance that softens ingredients and melds flavors like none other.
- 300g canned clams
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 cup smoked bacon, diced
- 1 minced onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in squares
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 thyme
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- Select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button to preheat.
- Cook smoked bacon in a preheated inner pot. Stir in onions and salt. Cook until onions are tender.
- Add white wine and bring it to a boil. When most of it evaporates, press [CANCEL] button.
- Add potatoes, clam juice, bay leaf, thyme, and cayenne pepper. Close the lid.
- Select [Multi cook] using [MENU] button, and set the level to 7 and cooking time to 15 minutes. Press [COOK] button.
- Once the cooker has finished cooking, add butter and flour. Stir with wooden spatula and thicken.
- Add canned clams, milk, and cream. Select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button and press [COOK] button. Let it simmer to desired thickness.
- Serve with cracker or bread.
We recommend a multi-pressure with a browning mode like CUCKOO's 5-Quart/6-Quart Premium Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-ASB501F/CMC-ASB601F) that creates a rapid boil to create the thick texture you treasure in a clam chowder.